Thursday, May 22, 2008

Saigon and Just Blaze Leave Atlantic!


Now about a week or two back on the show, I brought up the topic of Jean Grae quitting rap and also barely grazed Saigon's situation. I remember dude talking about how he was done with rap and blah blah blah (which was actually a stunt that he pulled to try and get released) but then I heard him on "Criminal" with The Roots last month and knew ol Saigitty was back (not like he was gone or anything, but still). Well according to both his and Just Blaze's blogs, "Greatest Story Never Told" might just drop a few months before February 31, Two Thousand Never [end sarcasm]. Two new Saigon tracks after the read.

Saigon

"Now to bring you all up to date...I am NO LONGER ON ATLANTIC RECORDS, thank you God. I took legal action and got my manager Chris, my lawyer Theo, my homies Gee Roberson and Just Blaze and we got the fuck up out of there... No, I didnt get dropped so you haters dont get excited, I fought these people very very hard to leave. When they drop you they keep your music and you dont have to pay them shit back.. Trust me, I tried to get dropped. I still own my masters so we have to give these bastards a whole LOT of money , BUT, we still own The Greatest Story Never Told which will be released this year with a company that Im sure will surprise the whole world once we let it out.. Nobody is gonna see this coming..TRUST ME. Im still rocking with Just Blaze till the dirt, Im still with Hip Hop Since 1978 till the dirt, we killed them with Kanye West, now we bout to kill em with Lil Wayne and Saigon comes soon after to play clean up.....Goodbye Atlantic Records, I dont know if it was systematic racism or the fact they didnt think they could break an artist with validity in his music who cares about the future of black children, but I guess we'll never know will we.....................???????????? So now you know why Ive been quiet the past year.. Ive been in battle with these people, and I WON.

Now check out my single Gotta Believe It...The one explaining my new beginning.....Peace.. Im off to China for Memorial Day weekend...Wow. Later Yall"



Just Blaze

"We have been quietly working to get released from Atlantic.

Sometimes you need to do things without talking about them. And get what you want.

We finally got that…

With 100% ownership of the masters.

(Most folks who claim they own their masters when they get released may have them (or copies of them) in their possesion, but they don’t own them, so they can mixtape stuff all day, but can’t go on and ever offically release them… we are free to take them wherever we like, however we like )

((Most folks that get a release granted don’t even get their masters period and whatever label they DO end up on will have to buy them from the previous label, plus all types of overrides and fees))

Thank you Atlantic for recognizing the situation for what it really was and doing the right thing.

There are already new situation(s) in the works.

More to come.

(I’m not going Strictly Business- style on this one right now. I have too much going on in Real Life County)

Oh yeah I didn’t forget my promise.

I’m just 4 or 5 weeks late on it.

Had to work out the release first.

Here you go."

And without any further hesitation,
Saigon- Believe It

and

Saigon- Shot In The Booty

Is that Just Blaze on the vocoder on "Believe It"?! Anywho, just click on the joints to open up the zshare. You know how I do.

No comments: